Low to No Cost Marketing Ideas
Low to no cost marketing ideas are a steady request, both in the Small Business Canada Forum and in my inbox. So I’ve put together this list of low to no cost marketing ideas to help you get the word out about your small business.
Click on any of the links below to be taken to a page with more information about that particular inexpensive marketing idea. (Be warned though: marketing without targeting your market is just a waste of time!)
1) Create and use a promotion kit.
2) Give free workshops or classes related to your products/services.
3) Create a brochure.
4) Get free publicity for your business.
5) Create a website if you don’t have one.
6) Create a blog for your business and visit and comment on other blogs regularly.
7) Create a Facebook page for your business.
9) Create a video about your product or service and post it on YouTube.
10) Become a radio guest.
11) Do cross-promotion with other businesses.
12) Participate in a joint venture.
13) Send out promotions with your invoices.
14) Create an email newsletter.
15) Sponsor (or at least be a big part of) a community charitable event.
16) Network in a bowl.
17) Network on the ‘Net.
18) Carry other people’s business cards.
19) Join a face-to-face networking group.
20) Join professional and/or business organizations.
21) Participate in local business mixers/trade fairs.
22) Write articles on topics related to your business and encourage people to post them for free.
23) Go cold calling.
24) Ask for referrals.
25) Advertise your business on your vehicle.
26) Put a plastic business card holder on the side of your vehicle.
27) Blow your own horn.
Even More Low to No Cost Marketing Ideas
I welcome your ideas; add them to this growing list of low to no cost marketing ideas.
You may also want to have a look at 17 Advertising Ideas for Small Businesses which presents some marketing ideas that haven’t been mentioned in the list above. Some of these tried and true marketing ideas may not be as expensive as you think.
- Is there a way to reduce small business insurance premiums?
- Startup Memphis: Night Out showcases Cooper-Young’s small businesses
- Ideas to help your business presence (online and offline)using Facebook!
- 7 Steps To Facebook Success
- What is Google Local 7 Pack?